Wednesday, November 10, 2010

blog 3

two artists that influence my final project

                                                                 #1) Band of Horses

Band of Horses is an alternative band whose music inspires me to create my final project.  I have always loved the band's music.  Their melodies are simple but interesting, while their lyrics have deep and complex meanings that sometimes take time to understand. I would like for my final project to have a Big Idea that is complex and has a specific meaning, like each of their songs.  Some of their Big Ideas include; Death, Childhood, Birth, Life, and Falling in Love. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFWFhTFohk&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK716RqoUms&ob=av2e


#2) Rosie Hardy 


I am inspired by Rosie Hardy's work because every picture she takes she can create into something much more complex.  I am always excited to follow her Flikr and look at all of her new images and ideas, because all of her photos have their own Big Idea.  Most of her Big Ideas are about Love, Identity, Fantasy, and Dreams.  Her work is always uncluttered and complimentary, each photo looks like a painted piece of fine art, which really interests me.  Her work makes me want to work hard on my final project and create a piece of art that not only is from a personal picture that I have taken, but compliments a big idea of mine. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosie_hardy/


1 comment:

  1. It might be nice to focus on some lyrics or a particular song from Band of Horses to find some direction for your final. This can be included in your final artist statement.

    ReplyDelete